1st Place: $100 gift certificate
2nd Place: $50 gift certificate
3rd Place: $25 gift certificate
1) Download the costume form PDF.
2) Fill out the form and include their bib number, which can be obtained either by searching their name on the website, or by attending one of two packet pickup sessions at the Troy Atrium (4 Third Street):
- Sunday, Nov. 20 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 23 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
3) Bring the completed form to costume contest check-in held Thanksgiving morning at the reviewing stand (west sidewalk of 4th Street in front of The Atrium parking garage) any time after the start of the 8 a.m. 10K race. (Inclement weather site: The Atrium)
4) Judging will be held from 8:45-9:45 a.m. All entrants will have their photo taken and then walk in front of judging panel. (Note: Teams are entered as one entry; please list the person representing the group.)
Judges will assign points for each entry based on:
- Costume Creativity (0-5 points)
- Presentation (0-5 points)
- Functionality (how easily can the entrant run in the costume) (0-5 points)
5) Judges will then tally up their marks and the top six finalists will be announced before the start of the 5K at 10 a.m.
6) Following the conclusion of the 5K, the top three in each category will be revealed. If any finalists’ marks are still tied at that point, the announcer will ask for crowd participation to break the tie. The loudest crowd roar/cheer between two candidates will settle the tie.
7) Prizes will be given out at the finish line awards stage in Monument Square after the conclusion of the 5K at approximately 10:45 a.m.